Sort the following into metals
- cans and non-deposit beverage cans
- aluminium trays and foils
- pots and frying pans
- empty paint cans
- empty, unpressurised aerosol cans
Where can I take it?
- to waste bins intended for metals
- to a recycling point, see the map service kierrätys.info for further details
- to a waste station
- to a waste centre
- Repe & Romu collection rounds
Take large scrap metal items to a waste station, waste centre or Repe & Romu collection round.
How is metal recycled?
Metal recycling significantly reduces mining, environmental impacts and energy consumption. Metals should be sorted from mixed waste, because non-combustible material does not produce energy, but needlessly hampers the Tammervoima power plant.
Recycled metal is supplied as a raw material for the metal industry. It is used to make packaging, shovels, bicycle frames and car parts.